Please fill in your request for PRAYER or PERSONAL PROPHECY, or dream interpretation, and please read the guidelines for prophecy below. Please make sure you put the correct email address, as I have been unable to send back prophecy for some people, due to an incorrect email address.
1. All prophecy (Rhema words) are for edification , strengthening, encouragement and comfort, and not for judgment and condemnation! Prophecy needs to be spoken with the right heart and the right motives, and from a heart of compassion for God and for others, because prophecy is not just about words, but it imparts the spirit of the person and the Spirit of God. See 1 Corinthians 14:3 and 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
2. Prophecy can come in many different forms; in pictures or visions or dreams, through your senses, through an audible voice, or quite inner voice.
3. Prophecy is also for direction, instruction, revelation, correction (from a spirit of love), warnings of traps, accidents or danger, but it should NOT impart FEAR. Fear is not from God but from the enemy. God’s perfect love casts out all fear. Prophecy should not put curses on people either – we are instructed by Jesus to bless and not to curse. The purpose of prophecy is to edify and build up the body of Christ.
4. Prophecy can be both FORTH TELLING – proclaiming, speaking for the Rhema word for the current situation, and also speaking personally into people’s lives; and prophecy can be FORE TELLING – speaking forth things that will take place in the future. This is to warn, encourage and strength others.
5. Prophecy is in PART. We know in part and we see in part… we only see and hear a very small part of the whole picture, therefore mistakes may sometimes be made at times – please see 1 Corinthians 13:9. Mistakes or missing part of something, does not make a person a false prophet. That is something different all together!
6. All prophecy should be in line with God’s Word, his will, his ways and his character. The Bible is the ultimate authority.
7. All prophecy needs to be judged and tested!
Is the person sharing the word bearing good fruit? Galations 5:22-23
Does the word shared, glorify God? Jn 16:14
Does it agree with scriptures? Watch for new doctrines!
Is the prophecy confusing, judgmental or condeming? If so, it is not from God.
Does the word produce freedom or bondage or fear? If so, it is not from God.
See Romans 8:15
TEST & DISCERN THE WORD – do you have an inner witness? see 1 John 2:20,27. Please get back to me after you have received a prophetic word to confirm if the Word witnessed with you.